The Walmart app brings shopping convenience at its finest right on your iOS or Google Android device, letting you access items from thousands of Walmart stores. This app offers several tools to make your life easier in whatever shopping category you need, whether grocery, pharmaceutical, furniture and much more.
The interface on the app is sleekly designed yet simple enough to navigate around and still find your favorite items. The prompts are big and look great on any phone. The latest version is faster and more responsive, especially Touch ID. The app is free and there are no in-app purchases offered. My mark of the design is 5/5.
Aside from offering convenient shopping and delivery right on your device, you can also access features such as:
- Savings Catcher: This feature will let Walmart match the prices of any local competitors, and if a difference does exist, this will be credited to your account in the form of an e-gift card. This also lets you keep track of prices easily.
- Walmart Pay: Lets you link your Walmart account to your credit card and scan QR codes to pay.
- Instawatch: Watch Blu-Rays and other DVDs you purchase at Walmart on multiple devices through a single Vudu account.
- Pharmacy: Associate prescriptions with your account, request, and transfer refills find Walmart pharmacies around and browse $4 prescriptions on Walmart’s catalogs.
- 1-hr photo: Print your photos from your account to your local Walmart.
- Lists and registries: Create a list of items you want and order them through the app, especially on special occasions such as weddings and baby showers.
The app offers lots of other regular updates and features such as Savings Showcase and weekly Ads. The app compatibility varies with the phone but is generally an app for all Android devices. Your iOS app will require iOS 9.0 or later on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. My mark of the features is 4/5.
Convenience and Performance
The app performs great on any Android mobile or iOS gadget. There are no unnecessary bugs on this app apart from the occasional login error that might happen due to a flaw on my part. Transactions are completed quickly, and you always get confirmation of receipts without any delay.
Definitely. You won’t hear of any unnecessary account breaches or bugs that cause app instability on your phone. Payments are only authorized by Touch ID or a unique 4 digit pin. No credentials are ever stored on the phone, even with the app installed and payment transactions aren’t transmitted at the POS. The score is 4.5/5.
- Offers a ton of useful features, e.g., Pharmacy;
- Savings Catcher lets you enjoy actual cash savings;
- Seamless and responsive interface neatly laid out;
- Both the App Store and Google Play app for Walmart purchases are freely available.
- Savings Catcher takes longer than 48 hours to process sometimes;
- Receipts may not show up in very few instances, and this is a disaster especially for those who need them for taxes;
- Savings Catcher cashes out savings sometimes without permission.
Walmart provides one of the leading retail app features with this one, and it’s definitely useful if you use Walmart routinely. Despite all the drawbacks, the app for me packs more pros than cons. I’d recommend this for your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, or you can get the Android app.